Wednesday, March 25, 2009

JIM JONES "Pray IV Reign Album Review"...Cartel Living Receives 3 Aura's







# Track Composer(s) Producer(s) Featured Guest(s) Time

1 "Intro" McCummings, Aqueelah/McDaniels, Gene/Jones, Joseph/Wilson, Ernest/Parker, Andre No I.D., Co-produced by Chink Santana Starr 5:14
-The Intro May be if not the best peice of production on the entire album...Wordplay is good for Jim Jones..surprsied me. Good Intro...Maybe a little too long...

2 "Pulling Me Back" Duncan, Demetri/Randall, Dexter/Jones, Joseph/Parker, Andre/Davis, Otha III TrackSlayerz, Co-produced by Chink Santana Chink Santana 3:45
-Pretty Decent Track...What I expected...

3 "Let It Out" Jones, Joseph/West, Dave Supa Dave West 4:08
-THE ABSOLUTE SHOCKER OF THE ENTIRE ALBUM. WORTHY OF THE TITLE "CLASSIC"! THIS SONG IS CRAZY. BEAT IS CRAZY AND THE STORY IS PAINTED SO VIVID..HE LETS IT OUT...AND LET ME TELL YOU IF IT WERENT FOR POLITICS I WOULD SAY THIS SHOULD BE HIS FIRT SINGLE! BUT ITS THAT RIdE IN THE CAR TRIUMPH MUSIC...CRAZY SERIOUSLY. IF YOU CLOSED YOUR EYES YOU WOULD ACTUALLY THINK JIM JONES IS AT THE TOP OF THE RAP WORLD ON THIS ONE...ITS GOT THAT FEEL TO IT.

4 "How to Be a Boss" Bridgeford, Duane/Bridges, Christopher/Turner, Rondell/Jones, JosephBridgeford, Duane/Bridges, Christopher/Turner, Rondell/Jones, Joseph Ron Browz Ludacris & NOE 5:07
-Pretty cool song. Had a sample from Jay-Z's ummm ummm I cant think of it but its clearly Jigga Inspired. Luda not my favorite rapper so he doesnt really impress me on this one. NOE is indeed the best RAPPER ON BYRD GANG! He is sick...sounds like Jigga I know but his flow is really sharp and crisp and he can adapt to any song. IT almost feels as though Jim is not even on this one...

5 "Medicine" Bridgeford, Duane/Bridges, Christopher/Turner, Rondell/Jones, Joseph Chink Santana NOE & Chink Santana 5:36
-NOE is the man again on this one. Chink from my hometwon does his thing as well..Decent Song.

6 "Frenemies" Isley, Ernest/Jasper, Christophe/Isley, Marvin/Isley, OKelly/Isley, Ronald/Isley, Rudolph/Jones, Joseph/Parker, Andre Chink Santana 4:16
-Jimmy takes time to reflect on His relationship with Cam and Max B on this one...I really like this song...its got some extra sounds that make the beat better than average and the story gives us what we been wanting to hear about Cam and Max...Pretty good song. Answers Questions...

7 "Precious" Leslie, Anthony/Jones, Joseph/Parker, Andre Ryan Leslie Ryan Leslie 4:10
-Cool for the Ladies...I looked over @ My Girl and she was movin a lil so I could tell Ladies will appreciate the cool sultry sounds of Ryan Leslie on this one...

8 "Blow the Bank" Byrd, Thomas/Crawford, Michael/Jones, Joseph Magnedo7 Oshy & Starr 3:46
-Another cool and Calm and collect song on this one again. Should have been his first single...Cause Na Na Na sucks Butt Chips...But this one has got a video for it and its good stuff on this one...For anyone who ever wanted to stunt with their woman you deffinetly can spend some cash with your lady on this one.

9 "This Is for My Bitches" Byrd, Thomas/Ferebee, Ronald Jr./Jones, Joseph Young Yonny, Co-produced by Lemael Ervin Oshy 3:44
-This is the portion of the Album where after #7 it has officaially gone R&B and rap heads will be mad and wonder WTF!!!! So no comment...

10 "Girlfriend" Bridgeford, Duane/Byrd, Thomas/Jones, Joseph/James, Laron/Parker, Andre Chink Santana Juelz Santana & Oshy 4:51
-Another Chick Flick (Music Style) Just too many R&B tracks back to back but I understand at this point he is just trying to seperate the portions of his album. Jim shows great variety and all songs are carefuly placed but I think 1 or 2 too many R&B Tracks....

11 "This Is the Life" Bridgeford, Duane/King, Charles/McCummings, Aqueelah/Jones, Joseph/Atkins, Andre/Floyd, Michael Triple-A Starr 4:18
-Still Singing...

12 "My My My" Thomas, Ayinde/Jones, Joseph/Crawford, Teraike Teraike "Chris Styles" Crawford & Ayinde "Cylla" Thomas Rowana 4:28
-Still Singing....

13 "Pop Off" Bridgeford, Duane/Holmes, Joseph/Jones, Joseph Young Seph NOE & Mel Matrix 4:12
-We Get back into Gangsta Shhhh on this one...Nice NY Beat and just good flows from the Byrd Gang... Sounds like a G-Unit Song..I promise..listen to it...I can just hear Yayo screaming in the back!

14 "Pop Champagne" Jones, Joseph/Browz, Ron/James, Laron Ron Browz Ron Browz & Juelz Santana 3:35
-No Comment you already know this is a smash hit! This is the single on the album you would skip...I never liked it anyway.."I SIP GRAND CRU OWWWWW " PERSONALLY!

15 "Rain" Bridgeford, Duane/Gaddis, Gerell/Turner, Rondell/Jones, Joseph Ron Browz Rell, NOE & Starr 5:33
-Jim Tries to Go in and make the Big Smash Finale on this one! I think its too extra with all the extra backup singing and etc...Good song though but I think he is trying to elevate his level to a sound that he clearly isnt...he is not Jigga so songs like this are hard to make..ya know?

16 "Na Na Nana Na Na" Bridgeford, Duane/Cappelli, Jed/Taylor, Brittney/Jones, Joseph/Friedman, Matthew ILLFONICS Bree-Beauty 3:59
-I think this song sucks...Good video though...But I mean I dont know maybe I need to be from Harlem to be on some Na Na Na shhh.. Cause where Im from we just pull up...and your car says Na Na Na for you...thats jai Lady-Like if you ask me..If I see a dude saying Na Na Na ima be like dog grow up and chop off your tits cause you actin really funny forreal.

-Bonus:
"Jackin' Swagga From Us" Chink Santana Lil Wayne, NOE & Twista 5:05
Jimmy's version of Swagga Like Us...Pretty cool but im not sure if Im buyin it. Im sure all the kids love Jim and etc and I admit he got a mean Scarf Game but he is overrrated with Swagger if you ask me...I mean Im not a hata...I jus trespect his style and I figure no one should try and emulate that and thats about it. Me personally I really dont gather inspiration from him and if I was in the rap game they wouldnt even look @ a Dude like Jim Jones...cmon look at the blog...We Wearin Butcher's on here...dude wear Nike Boots...thats all Ima say...But I respect him and he doing his thing..

-Overall Album gets 3 Aura's Barely...Its all Swag on this album and not too much lyrical firepower (See if he had Aura he wouldve got 3 1/2 or 4 maybe). ITs what most of you expected. When I heard Dame Dash say it was classic and better then Reasonable Doubt I said woww.....I have to hear this...But it is better than what I thought it would be..Ny Still not winning and I think this is a step forward for them. He has clearly steppped up his song writing (If NOE isnt writing for him..(Max B says he got people writing everything for em). But overal the quality of the songs are album worthy and it is very refreshing to get a good album in the game when most people are dropping mixtape after mixtape. I think Jim's marketing has been really good and that alone will help him sell at max about 400 K. I dont really know too many songs that will have people running to the store to buy the album so it is hard to pick his next single. Regardless I like Jim better on Devils Advocate or Streets Advocate...whatever it was called. IT was more street. Ladies buy albums so Clearly strategy wise he has geared this a little more for the women. He will get more Radio time this way and more visibility as well. #3 "Let is Out" is like in my top 4 songs of the Year!!! So Go Support all music and go buy some! Lets make Rap back at the forefront of music and stop letting Mylie Cyrus kill us at the music store!!!

No comments:

Videos Of The Week :

Juicy J- Bandz Make Her Dance


Nas Bye Bye Baby

NaS | "Bye Baby" (Visualized by Aristotle) from By Any Means T.V. on Vimeo.




Mac Miller - Clarity (Official Music Video)


Juicy J – This B*tch By My Side (Video)

BEST VIDEO LAST YEAR !!! LIL B MASHUP...

Mashup Of The YEAR!!!!: Lil B - Pretty Boy