Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kid Cudi’s Complex Cover Story: The Outtakes


Complex: Last September you shot a page for GQ’s Men of the Year issue with him and Drake; was everything cool then?

Kid Cudi: The whole time me and him and Drake were doing the GQ shoot, Wale was bitching and being aggravated that clothes weren’t in his size, just really not cooperating and being difficult, and just being a diva. The photographer was like, “Wale, c’mon, smile a bit” and he was like, “Man, I don’t smile, let these other guys smile.” I was like, what kind of shit is that? In my head I’m thinking, “man, this is GQ. If these niggas want you to smile, smile.” We just got picked for “Men of the Year,” that shit is awesome. It’s wack to be on that shit when you’re at a photo shoot, he shouldn’t be getting all riled up. There was tension throughout the whole shoot. Me and Drake have a rapport, we’re cool. We were automatically hitting it off, and kicking it, and Wale was just not trying to be in the situation. He was trying to be too cool. He was acting like he’s too good for the situation, and that’s how he always is. He always acts like he’s bigger than what he is, and I don’t fuck with that at all.

Complex: Interesting.

Kid Cudi: I always kept quiet when he used to say his little things, say his slick shit in the interview. Even the song we were supposed to do. Man, there was never a song that we were supposed to do. He heard a record and wanted it. It wasn’t meant for him to hear it, some bosses were talking. I just don’t understand how niggas get too big for their britches. I don’t get it. I don’t know it. Even at the GQ shoot he was sending little shots, talking about my skinny jeans, and saying Cudi’s size is “Schmedum,” trying to be funny. But I’m a goofball and a comedian, and was just joking, because he’s harmless to me, I don’t see him as a threat in any way, shape, or form, he’s just someone who has a chip on his shoulder. I have no ill will towards dude, I want to see him prosper, I wish that we could make records—however, I’m not going to feed into the bullshit, and I’m not going to be around people who I don’t feel right around. And when you start going talking about me in records, the silence has to be broken. I have to defend myself and talk about what it really is and show my side. You going to put me in your art, now it’s like you’re thinking about me, and I’m not thinking about you. It’s not like last year; I’m in another place. And if I was to think about reconciling, he’s probably talked so much shit about me, it’s too late to renege on anything. The guy obviously feels type of way. I just got done getting off coke, real problems. Competition? Freshman class? That shit is last year, we ain’t on that. I’m not in any class, I dropped out. I got my GED, I’m good. There’s no more categorizing competition, there’s no competition. I laid my pavement on my own road, and I have my crew of fans that follow, I have my own 104-thousand first week of fans that are right there with me. I’m happy with that. That nigga want to be No. 1, that’s why he has that song ["Number Won"]. Like I like being No. 2, No. 2 never gets old, it’s a solidified spot, No. 1 changes all the time. You always remember that one nigga that’s the ill myth in the underground scene, the nigga that you heard about with classic joints but hasn’t had mainstream success but you respect him as an artist. I’ll be that nigga.


click here for rest of outtakes


...sorry, but I gotta ride with my man @Wale, your music just isn't cuttin' it anymore Cudder!

No comments:

Videos Of The Week :

Juicy J- Bandz Make Her Dance


Nas Bye Bye Baby

NaS | "Bye Baby" (Visualized by Aristotle) from By Any Means T.V. on Vimeo.




Mac Miller - Clarity (Official Music Video)


Juicy J – This B*tch By My Side (Video)

BEST VIDEO LAST YEAR !!! LIL B MASHUP...

Mashup Of The YEAR!!!!: Lil B - Pretty Boy